Maintaining an organized home while selling is very important. Garages can often be overlooked by seller and turned into a “storage space”. But for many buyers, a functional garage is a big selling point.
Here are 6 quick tips for a seller to get their garages in order:
1. Clear out the garage first.
2. Sort and store items by category – gardening supplies, tools, car cleaning supplies, etc. Clear bins with labels are a great way to stay organized and help you see what you have in them. Bonus, they are reusable.
3. Review all items checking to make sure nothing is broken, and everything is needed. Donate, giveaway or properly dispose of items you no longer need.
4. Do a deep clean of the garage.
5. If you park a car(s) in your garage, keep in mind the space you need. Set up hooks on walls, if possible, to hang items such as rakes, brooms, shovels, etc. Even bikes can take up a lot of room, and if not being used often, consider hanging them to create more open floor space.
6. Lastly, put everything back. Freestanding shelving units are a great way to keep things organized and sellers can bring them to their next home.
When it comes time to sell a home, Nesting Effect provides a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to effectively stage a clients home. We cover everything from decluttering, decor changes, aesthetic upgrades, room planning, shopping recommendations, home maintenance advice, and open house/showing preparation.
We have you and your clients covered. Contact us today to see how we can support your next sale. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.